Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

because Giving Back can Be Totally Gorgeous

One of my favorite things about the change in seasons is being able to make a change with your wardrobe.

I typically like to do a spring cleaning  of my closet at least 2 times a year; really quarterly, if time permits. This weekend was my second for this year. 

As I rummaged through my shoes, dresses, pants and skirts, I used the time to sift through my entire closet and select some neat things to donate .  The Salvation Army, Career Wardrobe, New Life and Plato’s Closet are just some of the places I like to recycle my fashion.

My rules are … if I haven’t worn it in 5 years, place it in the “it can go” pile . 
If you are like me, you might have way too many clothes and not enough time to wear them all. So don’t feel guilty relieving your closet of a few items, you will either replace it at some point in time or out grow the “want” for it anyways. All the same, those donated items will be a blessing to another person. There is never a downside to donating, because giving back can be totally gorgeous.

Things to consider when donating
  •          items should be clean and or gently used
  •      no holes, tears or stains 
  •            Also (try to) bag the items according to pieces (tops/bottoms/shoes) * This will helps with itemizing what you plan to give away, as well as keeping the items organized for the donation site.


 Best items to donate (in the spring)
  • Jeans
  • Dress Pants and Shirts (Business attire)
  • Dresses
  • Sport Coats /Jackets
  • Sneakers
  • Shoes (all styles)


“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” - Winston Churchill

1 comment:

  1. you are soooo super hot....!! muah muah muah....

    ReplyDelete