Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

My 1950s wear…

It’s always fun to get dolled up for a themed party. Birthdays, bachelorette parties, girl’s night out…etc,etc...they all can be fun!

I had the chance to attend one over the weekend.  Many of the guests were dressed in their interpretation of styles ranging from the 1920’s to the ‘60s. Bright colors, feathers, hats, glitz and sparkle; visually the outing was worth it.

I’m a huge fan of the 1950s decade of style and fashion, so genuinely that was my choice of era to sport. In the mid 1950’s women were displaying a sense of style and sophistication that has become timeless.  There was a look of strength and persuasiveness; yet conservative in its approach to women’s clothing.  Though most of the fashion forward dresses & skirts were form fitting, nothing was very revealing.
So for this occasion, I wore a knee length black & white print skirt, and mixed patterns by adding an off- the- shoulder stripped cotton shirt.   Then I added my comfy black pumps and square leather purse.

To add to the styling’s of this time period, I did a simple hair style by rolling my braids into circular French roll; a classic up do for the decade. Lastly, I add a string of black pearls and earrings, painted my red lips... "I 'm no square, but a Cool Cat, Ya dig?”

Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Nine West 
Bag: Vintage store 



No comments:

Post a Comment