I searched high and low for the perfect Vanity...until, i realized it doesn't exist. With my creative mind going, and as an outlet for stress, i decided to make my own. I knew what i wanted, the look that would suite me, and how'd i want it setup. ...Now i'd like to share with you the steps on how to make your own Vanity. OR in this instance, Van(ME)ity.
- First a plain board ( 1'x2') with flat surfacing. I recycled a old bookshelf from an old book case that i once purchased from Ikea.
- Then deciding on to color. I wanted a neutral color that would make a statement, yet simple. So i went with Platinum. I spray painted the shelf and the edges of my mirror.
- Tip. when spray painting mirrors, place newspaper over the front surface of the glass , tape the edges for a even coat, and use rubbing alcohol to remove any access or random splatter on the glass.
- You will need a shelving screw-set. I used the shelf holder screws. You can purchase form home depot, Walmart or any other home goods store. In this instant i used one from Ikea
- Make sure you account for measurements. Remember to measure the distance from the stool- to the table- to the mirror before nailing them secure
- Lastly, i used the adhesive tape strips and hooks to create a wall of hooks. Those items can also be purchase at you local home goods stores.
Hope you liked .... and this helps you to build your own Van(ME)ity !!