Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Van(ME)ity

I searched high and low for the perfect Vanity...until, i realized it doesn't exist. With my creative mind going, and  as an outlet for stress,  i decided to make my own. I knew what i wanted, the look that would suite me, and how'd i want it setup. ...Now i'd like to share  with you the steps on how to make your own Vanity. OR in this instance, Van(ME)ity.
  • First a plain board ( 1'x2') with flat surfacing. I recycled a old bookshelf from an old book case that i once purchased from Ikea
  • Then deciding on to color.  I wanted a neutral color that would make a statement, yet simple. So i went with Platinum.  I spray painted the shelf and the edges of my mirror.
    •  Tip.  when spray painting mirrors,  place newspaper over the  front surface of the glass , tape the edges for a even coat, and use rubbing alcohol to remove any access or random splatter on the glass.
  • You will need a shelving screw-set. I used the shelf holder screws. You can purchase form home depot, Walmart   or any other home goods store. In this instant i used one from Ikea 
    •   Make sure you account for measurements. Remember to measure  the distance from the stool- to the table- to the mirror before nailing them  secure
  • Lastly, i used the adhesive tape strips and hooks to create a wall of hooks. Those items can also be purchase at you local home goods stores. 
Hope you liked .... and this helps you to build your own Van(ME)ity !!

No comments:

Post a Comment